Friday, April 3, 2015

Reflecting on "Danse Russe" by William Carlos Williams

       While reading this poem I found myself thinking about how the narrator cherishes his time better when he is alone and everyone else is asleep. The sun is a flame-white disc, it is a beautiful day at nighttime for the narrator, and he can love himself the most while he is alone, because nobody can contradict him. My experience with the poem revolved around how easily I can relate to this poem, suddenly I believed that it had to do with introverted thinking. Perhaps this poem is about introverted people, and how they can regain energy by being alone and find bliss in silence. There is quite a lot that can be extracted from these poems, and most of it comes from within ourselves, just like the happiness of introverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment